Hibernation is over --I'm waking up the bears

It's been a long hard winter and visits to the gym dropped off like we've never seen before.  That's why I've put together a Get Back on Track program because I know from years of personal training that the longer you stop working out, the harder it is to return to it.

You may wonder why it's so difficult to pick up the pieces.  The fact is a body in motion stays in motion, and the opposite is equally true.  A body at rest stays at rest.  Unless, affected by an outside force.  Which in Toronto, appears to be me.

Still, getting people back on track does require a very different approach.  To explain it in a nutshell.  Imagine you're a car that's been sitting in the cold all winter.  Your battery is dead.  I need to jumpstart the battery for you.   But if the alternator isn't working, your battery isn't going to charge.  In other words, it takes a whole car approach to get you on the highway.   Mind, body, and spirit.

Interestingly, because your muscles are comprised of different types of fibers, you don’t just lose muscle mass when you stop exercising; you also experience a conversion of your slow-twitch endurance muscle fibers and fast-twitch strength-producing muscles fibers to easily fatigued “couch potato” muscle fiber types. So your body doesn’t just lose muscle, but the type of muscle it has actually changes!

- See more at: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/exercise/how-fast-do-you-get-out-of-shape#sthash.maCEnMuj.dpuf

So if you are itching to get back into a healthy routine, contact me, we will crank up the tunes and start motoring and U-turn Fit.

Comments

02/11/2016 9:53am

I was more than happy to uncover this web site. I wanted to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new things in your website.

02/12/2016 8:29pm

May I simply just say what a relief to find someone that genuinely understands what they're talking about on the net. You definitely understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More and more people must look at this and understand this side of your story. I can't believe you're not more popular since you surely have the gift.

05/09/2016 8:22pm

I love looking through a post that can make men and women think. Also, thank you for permitting me to comment!

07/10/2016 12:20am

An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment. I do believe that you should publish more about this topic, it may not be a taboo subject but generally people don't talk about these subjects. To the next! Kind regards!!

08/08/2016 11:11pm

Show Box is a free movies and TV shows streaming app specifically for the Android platform. Many online users claim that this one is actualty one of the best app

10/07/2016 10:09pm

ProMed Podiatry Clinic is committed to providing professional, caring and friendly services to every patient we treat.

03/26/2017 1:54am